Everyone loves to dream about happy things; but everything has good and bad side; that’s the natural law. Bad dreams occur due to many aspects of that person like:
- Mental state of the person
- Activities and Environment of Social Life, Professional Life
- Watching Horror movies or Reading Horror stories
- Witnessed or being part of any accidents
You may think there won’t be anything worse which could happen when dreaming. So let’s discuss some of the experiences which are really worse than having bad dreams.
- Unable to wake-up from Dream
When we are having bad dreams, sometimes it happens that our body becomes numb and even if we want to wake up from dream, we can’t lift up, can’t feel our hands, legs; it is mainly caused by following reasons:
– During REM sleep, the brain sends a signal to cause a body-wide paralysis. The purpose of this is to keep you from acting out dreams (which occur during REM). But if you are trying to wake up during one of these phases, you can be conscious before you fully regain the control of your limbs. This is called sleep paralysis, and it can be a frightening situation. You’re being stuck somewhere in between dreaming and wakefulness, and you can’t move.
– The nerve compression has led to a temporary paralysis (perhaps because you got stuck in a compressed position during REM).
- Feeling someone beside your bed
This can be the most horrifying experience as I had personally experienced it. Even now I am getting chills through my spine while thinking about it. You may be feeling it funny but this worst feeling can’t be described in words unless one truly experiences it in real life. In this case, you neither sleeping nor want to open your eyes. You try to remain calm, still, relaxed but somewhere deep down you are petrified and going through hell of a time where bad dream could have been easy option if asked to choose.
- A dream within a dream
It totally depends upon which person is experiencing this as for first timers it will be scary and frightful experience, but for relatively experienced person who have knowledge of lucid dreaming can easily tackle this situation. Read More about this here: A dream within a dream
- Sleep Disorder
Approximately 80 million Americans suffer from a sleep disorder. And while there are over 70 recognized sleep disorders, some are much more prevalent than others. Here we can describe the four most common sleep disorders that could be causing you of lose the quality sleep.
There are more than 70 different sleep disorders, which are generally classified into one of three categories:
- lack of sleep (e.g., insomnia),
- disturbed sleep (e.g., obstructive sleep apnea), and
- excessive sleep (e.g., narcolepsy).
In most cases, sleep disorders can be easily managed once they are properly diagnosed. Insomnia is the most common sleep disorder. It occurs more often in women and in the elderly.
Finally, we can summarize as that there are few experiences which are worse than bad dreams, but that doesn’t mean we should neglect bad dreams. If you are constantly having bad dreams which are affecting your daily life, please consult with respective health consultant. Always remember every problem has a solution and every dream has a meaning