To me, working is as natural to me as breathing. I always feel the need either to be working hard or working towards achieving something. Yet, I never knew where this undeniable independence and drive came from, until now.
Today I am going to discuss about a topic which most of us may not be aware of or realized the fact that whatever work you are doing in your day-to-day life the work ethics you inherit/learn from somebody else. And for me it is my beloved mother who is always up for any tasks; be it cooking, washing clothes, keeping up with all other household chores. I am an IT professional and working in this field for more than 3 years.
You must be wondering how I would have learned work ethics from my mother who is a homemaker; how is it even possible. So let’s make it simple for you and I will discuss the traits one by one.
Mother is the first teacher
Mother is the first and the best teacher. The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.
This proverb exhibits that mother is the only personality who teaches the first word to call her whenever in need. Whatever the mother teaches her child it creates permanent impression in the heart and mind of the child and so the life of the child gets embodied with the mother’s teachings, values and morals.
Mother is next to God – in fact a visible God. That’s why a Jewish saint said, “God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers”. Yes, it is true. From the very early age whenever we need anything; be it food, toys or anything else we ask our mother first.
Now coming back to the topic: The traits/ work ethics which I learned from my mother are as following:
- Ultimate Patience until the work is finished: My mother used work continuously with full focus irrespective of taking food or taking a break until the job is completely and perfectly done. Earlier I used to wonder why her work is so important that she is not taking any breaks even for food sometimes too. Now I realize this when you love the work what you are doing at that moment; the joy which you get once the job gets done perfectly and completely that is way more magical than taking breaks and doing the same work for longer period of time.
- Treat Everyone Equally and Respect Everyone: From childhood I have never seen my mother disrespecting anyone or ill-treating anyone. So I always try to give respect to seniors and try to never hurt anyone’s feelings or sentiments by any means.
- Multi-tasking: I can bet even cooking tools can beat mothers at multitasking when they are in the kitchen area. Its like every mother is a Captain Marvel with all the superpowers in the kitchen 😉
- Never say never attitude: Whatever may be situation or any problem, mothers are always ready to take up challenge. They may not have the solution at the very moment but they face the problem, find its solution and overcome from the problem.
“Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.”
- Utilize all the resources properly: Best example for this would be the budget of the home which is mostly decided by mothers.
- Be Responsible: Be responsible for your work and take up new roles and responsibility whenever required.
- Honesty is best policy: Like we can’t be dishonest to our family members, same applies with your company too.
- Communicate the issues: Sometimes its better to communicate the issues, so a better approach or feasible solution can be derived.
- Always Hustle:
- Keep Learning New Things: Last but not the least, mothers always love to learn new things, so the next when your mother want to learn about any new apps/features of smartphone, don’t get irritated and feel blessed to teach her after all she is your 1st
For me the meaning of life: dream, work, and love. Can’t ask for much more than that.
Happy Women’s Day to all lovely ladies 🙂